Smooth, silky, and shiny hair who doesn’t like having it on their head. It could be challenging for most people to have healthy locks. Also, genes do play a significant role in deciding the quality, strength, and volume of your hair. But that doesn’t mean that you don’t have any control over your tresses. In this article, we’ll talk about how to get smooth hair so that you are no more feeling uncomfortable when you are attending those weekend parties with your friends.
1) An Oil Massage
An oil massage before you rinse your locks the next day will give a shiny and silky appearance to your hair. Oil floats on water and seals the moisture. You can use coconut and olive oil or the combination of both and apply it on your scalp to have wonderful results.
2) Boost Your Nutrients Intake
Like the rest of your human body, your hair does need certain vitamins and minerals to be strong and healthy. Nevertheless, it has been shown by a lot of researches that nutritional deficiencies might be linked to loss of hair growth. Some essential nutrients are:
- Vitamin A: found in carrots, sweet potatoes, leafy vegetables, pumpkin, etc.
- B vitamins, especially biotin: found in egg yolk, liver, salmon, avocados, nuts and seeds, and dairy products.
- Vitamin C: good sources include citrus fruits, lemon, and peppers
- Iron: found in oysters, eggs, clams, red meat, and spinach
- Zinc: good sources include beef, oysters, lentils, and pumpkin seeds
3) Prepare An Egg Yolk Mask
Egg yolk contains a lot of nutrients that make a strong hair follicle. Peptides present in the egg yolk can act as a stimulant for hair growth. You can make your own egg yolk mask by following these steps:
- Use 3 egg yolks and 2–3 tbsp. of warm coconut oil.
- Stir the two ingredients well.
- Once the mixture is well-mixed, apply to your scalp and roots.
- Let it sit on your head for 15–20 minutes.
- Wash it out with cool water.
4) Try Out Trimming!
The most important thing you can do with your hair is trimming if you want to maintain your curls smooth and healthy. It helps remove the split ends and would prevent your hair from becoming dry. You can follow the practice of trimming your hair every four to five weeks.
5) Deep Conditioning
How to get smooth hair can be a challenging question for a lot of among us. But frequently conditioning your hair can help you answer that question. You can use conditioners which is relevant to your hair type. Additionally, you can try using homemade conditioners made up of olive and coconut oil which are great stimulants for the growth of hair.
6) Apply Serum On Tame Tresses
The serum is an effective way to keep curls at bay if your hair tends to be coarse and dry. Smooth some in after taking a cold shower, or you can apply it while your hair is dry. Serum might be costly for many among us but it’s an effective way to make your locks smooth, silky, and shiny.
Log in to your Amazon account to get the best serum which is suitable for your hair type.
7) Replace Your Towel For A T-Shirt
According to the researchers and experts, rubbing your wet hair with a synthetic cloth towel after hair wash can cause hair loss and damage due to the friction that is caused between the hair and your towel. Alternatively, you can use a T-shirt that is made up of smooth fabric like cotton. This will create less friction when drying and, therefore less damage and frizz to your hair. You can follow the below steps:
- After rinsing and washing, gently squeeze parts of your locks to remove as much water as possible.
- You can wrap the T-shirt around your head like a turban.
- Wait for 10 to 15 minutes so that extra water has been absorbed by the T-shirt.
- Gently squeeze the T-shirt around any parts of your hair that have excess water, then let it dry as usual.
8) Use of Coldwater
Having a shower with hot water continuously over a period of time can cause damage to your hair both at the root and follicle. Steam in the shower can open up the follicle on your hair, which may result in hair that’s frizzy, dry, and prone to breakouts.
To protect with your hair, rinse your hair with lukewarm water. Then complete your shower with cool water on your hair. This may help protect and seal your hair follicle, making it quite easier for your locks to retain moisture and help you answer the question of how to get smooth hair.
9) Maximize Your Diet With A Lot Of Protein
Getting enough proteins during the day and adding a significant amount of protein to your whole diet is important for your hair growth, as flocks are mainly protein. A lot of research has been done it has been found that lack of protein in your diet can result in significant hair loss and hair thinning. A few of the rich protein sources are listed below:
- Fish, like salmon and mackerel
- Nuts (almonds, walnuts, etc.) and seeds
- Lean meats
- Spinach and kale (leafy vegetables)
- Beans, legumes, and Sprouts are a few of the healthy options which make your hair strong.
Also, you can make tasty delicious salads with the help of the above-listed protein sources which is delicious and healthy.
10) Careful Brushing
Please go easy with combing your hair. Again brushing or combing will create a lot of friction which will make your hair frizzy. Refrain combing your hair to a bare minimum and only do it when your hair is dry. Because wet hair is more prone to damage, detangling your hair along with a wide-toothed comb is very helpful in getting rid of tangles. Still worrying about how to get smooth hair, you shouldn’t, just follow these above steps and you will find more than just a solution to your problem.
- Proven Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar – For Skin, Hair & Health
- Our Top 10 Picks Of The Miracle Remedy – Onion Oil For Hair Regrowth
- Benefits of Aloe Vera for Hair
I was the president of the Fashionista Club at my college. That is when I discovered my love for writing on fashion and beauty, mainly to inspire others. Since then, I love to constantly lookout for fashion trends and beauty secrets. I am in love with the idea of going organic in terms of beauty. If I were a beauty product, I’d be Essential oil. Beauty is a healthy state of mind and the only beauty standard that I follow is anything that makes me happy and confident. I love to inculcate positive habits in me and have an optimistic attitude. I live by the idea of living life in harmony and to bloom with grace. I believe that the concept of Beauty & Style of anyone is something that is very personal and it starts with loving yourself. Afterall Bosswoman Vibes are the most sexy and you gotta believe in your inner Beyonce.