There’s a difference between glowing skin and greasy skin. Everyone wants to flaunt a wonderful base, however, maintaining that flawlessness throughout the day is a real hassle when you have oily skin. Oily skin means a constant war to maintain your makeup from melting off, and if you add in hot weather and humidity, and you might start to feel like a warm mess. But, there’s still hope, thanks to makeup primers. Primers create a smooth base for your makeup and minimize the appearance of large pores whilst night out your pores and skin tone so that you can achieve that a good deal sought-after perfect appearance.
Just like we have moisturizers and lotions for different skin types, however, there is a large market for primers too. But the question arises as to which primer formula will be the most appropriate for your skin type. Here’s a guide that will help you to solve everything primer related issues:
1. If you have dry skin, you can use creamy texture primer so your skin looks dewy even before you apply your makeup. Remember that you’re no longer preventing enlarged pores, you’re combating flaky pores and skin and most effective a hydrating primer can keep your skin type.
2. If you have oily skin, primer acts as a magic for your skin. It will cover your enlarged pores and ensure that the oiliness from your pores and skin has disappeared. As for acne-prone skin, you can look for makeup primers that have anti-acne ingredients such as salicylic acid and glycolic acid.
3. If you have combination skin, it’ll be better for you to choose a neutral formula. Through this way you will neither mattify your skin and nor will you look too shiny.
4. If you have sensitive skin, You need a correcting primer with a green pigment that helps your sensitive skin. As green cancels out redness, So look for a primer that’s green, it will not only prime your skin but also let your foundation stay on for as long as you want.
Benefits Of Makeup Primer
A primer is used to prep your skin for smoother application of foundation and other makeup. This pre-foundation product is your mystery weapon for creating smooth, flawless skin. Once you start using a primer, you’ll forget what makeup meltdown is! Here are 5 benefits of using primers before makeup.
1.Pore fixer: One of the main benefits of using a make-up primer is it helps in sealing your pores. Even if your pores are small, they can show prominently when you use a liquid foundation. Makeup primer looks after all that by means of sealing pores and creating almost a blanket over them.
2. SOFTENS skin: Another reason I love makeup primer is for the way it softens your pores and skin. It appears to make it velvety soft, which complements the easy results it has on your make-up appearance. It patches up the unevenness and presents an easy canvas for the relaxation of the make-up to follow.
3. Youthful glow: Even though primers may not promise anti-ageing properties, though some may include anti-aging ingredients. they do a great job in making your skin appear much more youthful since they smoothen fine lines and wrinkles. It smooths away fine lines and stimulates collagen production to increase the firmness of your skin.
4. Lightweight formula: If you’re worried about a makeup primer making you feel like you have a mask on, you’re wrong! Primers are extremely lightweight They create a nice, leave you with baby-soft skin. Once you form the habit of using primers on a daily basis, you will realize how light your skin feels with this product.
5.Easy to apply: Another reason to use a makeup primer is they may be incredibly smooth to apply. They go on exactly like a liquid lotion on your face, but they are much lighter and nongreasy at all. Don’t worry, it’s not anything like glue on your face or something like that. Instead, they experience like a pillowy cloud of softness that’s almost like a distinctive treat.
6. Long-lasting makeup: The main purpose of using a primer is due to the fact it helps your make-up stay on longer. It not only creates a perfect base for makeup but also helps it stay on for longer. For instant smoothness and radiance, simply wear it over your moisturizer and you’re good to go! Makeups stay longer as primer decrease sweating through the pores. Also, They act as a natural defend for dust, water and debris that would make your makeup put on-off. It is the first step of your make-up routine.
7. Suits all skin types/colors: Unlike foundations and concealers, primers do not come in varying shades. , so selections are easy. They work with any skin type, along with any skin color, which makes it the most fuss-free product to use.
Best Makeup Primers For Oily Skin
This is the Oil-Free Face Primer which makes your skin instant matte finish and ready for HD Makeup. Before applying makeup this primer makes an ideal base on your skin and allows makeup to set in a better way with pure radiance. It creates a physical barrier between your skin and makeup materials which helps to prevent any side effects from chemicals have as no paraben and sulfate. Primer for face before makeup is a perfect action for the safety of your face and long-lasting effect of any makeup Clear primer is perfect for any skin tone and makeup base for eye shadows blush foundation or compact powders having transparent texture. Gel-based primer gives long-lasting smooth silky matte effect for face.
This primer gives your skin silky, lightweight and non-oily formula Minimizes the look of pores and fine lines. It doest clogs pores and are Halal Certified, GMP Certified. The result is a unified matte finish that’s flawless.
3. Insight Primer 3 In 1 Oil-Free-
Insight Primer face gel preps and prepare the pores and skin so that your makeup goes clean and is long-lasting. This is a totally lightweight primer that helps to create a smooth canvas by filling in scars and pores. It reduces wrinkles and makes skin flawless. This cosmetic is are alcohol-free,paraben-free, sulfate-free and are odor-free also.
4. Lotus Makeup Ecostay Insta Smooth Perfecting Primer-
Flawless makeup is incomplete without an excellent primer. Lotus ECO STAY Insta Smooth Perfecting Primer is a gel-based weightless formula primer that smoothens the fine lines, combats excess dryness and reduces the appearance of large pores. It instantly prepares the skin for a perfect make-up application that holds it for the long-lasting satin-smooth finish. This primer is suitable for sensitive skin as it evens out the skin tone and reduces the appearance of large pores and acne.
5. IN COLOR Absolute Oil Free Long Lasting Face Makeup Primer-
If you are searching for a pocket-friendly primer then this one is for you. This primer prepares your skin for a flawless make-up application. This primer is SPF 15 and has an Oil-free formula that fills up and smoothens all the fine lines and ensures your makeup stays long.
6. MARS Adbeni 5 Function Make-up Base Face Primer-
This transformative oil-free face primer makes oil control seem easy. It keeps excess oil and shines while hydrating any dry skin patches for a weightless, silky matte finish. Soothing ingredients like Rich in Vitamin E Essence All-weather lock moisture Improve skin dry and rough. Wear it alone for an instant matte, airbrushed look, or paired with foundation and concealer for a more full-coverage matte makeup look.
7. Swiss Beauty Primer-
This radiance-boosting primer instantly brightens up the complexion, sculpts facial contours and amplifies the skin’s natural light to create a spectacular glow. Give dull skin a boost with this lightweight formula smooths fine lines & wrinkles instantly. The silky, lightweight formulation glides onto pores and skin and minimizes the prominence of pores and great traces to transform your skin surface. The Swiss Beauty Pores Zero Silky Smooth Pearl Primer presents a luminous glow to the skin and creates a soft texture over the skin for a seamless and long-wearing makeup.
8. Chambor Anti-Shine Primer-
Chambor Anti-Shine Primer is a fresh, light-weight and velvety-soft gel-based primer, that quickly dissipates and settles into a powdery finish for a mattifying effect. It’s so translucent, no one will know you’re wearing anything. The formula instantly blurs fine lines and pores, leaving skin with a velvety-smooth and even finish. Skin looks flawless and smooth as it doest not clogged pores.
9. My Aroma Huda Beauty Waterproof Primer-
Make every day gorgeous with an ultra-hydrating makeup base. It is a clever, silky-smooth formula that moisturizes the skin and grips makeup to improve wearability. The specific complexion Perfection Pre-Makeup Base visibly blurs the arrival of pores and fine lines, smoothing the skin for a fresher, longer-lasting, flawless makeup appearance. Harnessing the protecting and moisturizing properties of dimethicone, and rosehip oil’s highly-nourishing, anti-oxidant, the pre-makeup base hydrates the skin for an all-day glow. The creamy, penetrating formula can also be used as a lightweight moisturizer to leave skin soft and nourished without feeling oily.
10. THE MAC CO.COMBO Prep, Prime Fix and Skin Base Visage Primer-
The consistency of this primer is creamy and not runny like a lotion. The texture is soft and blends well and since its silicon-based, it makes the application of foundation much easier and very even. MAC Prep and Prime are shimmery when you pump it out but won’t show up on your face. You only need a tiny amount and It comes with a pump, so it is also hygienic! It doesn’t have a strong or annoying fragrance.
There is no point in putting in all that effort to do your makeup if it all runs down your face in a few hours because of oily skin. A good primer really does go a long way, so make sure you use one before doing your makeup to make it last longer.
So, Priming is a crucial step in any makeup routine. Not best is it great for your skin, however, it’s essential in ensuring your makeup stays flawless from dawn till dusk.
Megha Sriamb is an aspiring blogger and writes about different fashion n beauty trends in general. She hails from Aurangabad, Bihar, and currently lives in Gurgaon. She has a Bachelor’s degree in computer science. She is an ardent follower of Ayurveda and natural beauty products motivated her to write on it. She is positive, chirpy, and full of life.
She is an excellent singer and is passionate about fashion, travel, and singing.