Are you the one who watch several youtube videos that shows makeup tutorials? Do you feel clueless while applying makeup? Lucky for you girl, you have come to the right place. In this blog, we will be discussing some of the beauty tips for beginners. These helpful tips will come in handy while applying makeup.
Many girls will feel that they do not know such simple things about makeup but this is not the case. There are several girls who are struggling with the same things as yours. You must remember that every professional was once a beginner. Everybody starts from scratch and it is the potential and dedication that is required to become good at it.
Whether you are looking for learning a bit of basic makeup or want to get that glam look, these beauty tips will always be helpful. This blog is perfect for a newbie who is trying to learn the basic beauty tips.
Before we dive into the topic of beauty tips, let’s first discuss a bit about skincare. It is very essential to take care of your skin before you start using any makeup products. Being confident in your skin is the first step and the rest comes after that. You should be able to accept yourself without makeup and only then will the makeup does its magic because the glow that comes from within will works wonder.
Becoming a professional should not be your goal. Instead, you should focus on learning things properly one at a time. You should be aware of the product you are using. Do not put anything on your face blindly, without having proper knowledge about it. Makeup is not about spending hours in front of your mirror. It’s all about accentuating your finest features and hiding not so favorable ones. Once you know these basic beauty tips, you will understand how easy it is to apply makeup.
Understanding makeup takes time because there are so many products and techniques available that often time, many people get confused as to what will work best for them. It can be a little tricky sometimes. But do not fret, we are here to help you with the basic tips which will help you to get started with makeup. Beginners always panic while dealing with makeup products, and that is why we have curated a list of beauty tips for beginners.
Let’s have a look at the 7 beauty tips for beginners:
- CTM (Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing): You must have heard of CTM (Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing). This step is important before applying any makeup to your face. It helps your skin to get prepared for what is coming next. You have to start by cleaning your face with a good face wash and then apply toner to wipe any impurities on your face. Toner helps you to get rid of any oil on your face. After this step, the last thing that you have to do is apply moisturizer to your face. These steps will let your makeup stand out and give you the glow you want.
- Buy high-quality products: Usually, beginners buy cheap material products for their face. But they should understand that instead of buying low-quality products, they should invest in good quality products. What you apply to your skin matters the most. It may happen that the low-quality products affects your skin badly. Therefore, buy high-quality products once instead of buying cheap products again and again. Also, you will see the difference once you start applying the good products to your skin. The right product will make the job of applying makeup a lot easier. The right one will last for years. So, invest wisely.
- Use primer beneath your makeup: In the first point, you have read how moisturizing is important for your skin before applying makeup. Moisturizer helps in preventing dryness and wrinkles on your skin. It will create a smooth base for your makeup. Once you have moisturized your face properly, you must apply primer before starting with the makeup. Primer helps makeup to stick onto something. With this step, your makeup will look fresh and last you all day. You do not have to give a touch up to your makeup time and again. Makeup usually makes your skin dry, so moisturizer and primer help to prevent it and make your skin smooth.
- Blend your makeup: There is nothing like too much blending. The key to get that perfect makeup look is to keep on blending. Blend your blush, bronzer, or your eyeshadow. One thing to keep in mind while blending your eyeshadow is to use a lighter color eyeshadow to buff out the edges. One more useful tip while blending is that clean your brush once you move on to the newer area on your face. In this way, you won’t mix more products than necessary. You can also use your fingers for blending. First, blend with your fingers and then move on to the brush but do not forget to blend, blend and blend.
- Apply the right shade of concealer: You must always apply the lighter shade of concealer so that when you set it with powder, it blends nicely with your foundation. Applying a darker shade will make you look like a clown. The skin will look blotchy and weird with a darker shade. Concealers are basically applied to hide the blemishes or under the eye. So, if you apply a shade darker than your foundation, then it will not blend properly and your makeup will not look the way you desire. To get that flawless look, the right shade of concealer is required.
- Lip Liner is a must: Lip liner helps to prevent smudging on the edge. Smudged lipstick doesn’t look good at all. Therefore, always use a lip liner before applying lipstick. Go for an exact shade or lighter than the actual lipstick shade. Lip liner helps in creating a smoother and even edge. If you would like to make your lips look fuller, then you can apply a little over the top or bottom, whatever you like. But don’t go overboard with it as it looks weird. Whether you are applying it on the top lip or bottom lip, it all depends on your natural lips. So, do it accordingly.
- Blush it the right way: Most of the girls often go wrong with applying blush on their cheeks. You need to use very little blush on the apples of your cheeks with it smoothly blending backward towards your cheekbones. The right way to apply blush is to smile and dab a little on the cheeks that are popping out. Do not put too much blush on your face otherwise your face will look like a tomato. The blush should actually be giving a flushed cheeks vibes. Apply it in such a way that it looks like you are naturally blushing.
With the help of above-listed beauty tips, you can easily carry your makeup like a pro. Always keep these points in mind whenever you are applying makeup. Try not to get lost in the world of makeup. Amidst all those products, you have to find the one that is best suited for your skin. Keep experimenting with new looks but do not go overboard with it. Also, never share your makeup products with anyone else or use anyone’s products as it is not hygienic and may not be good for your skin. Do not shy away from using makeup. Forget what others think of it. If you like it, then you should do it. What matters is what you want. Not what others want you to do. Some prefer heavy makeup while others go for light makeup. It all depends on the individual and their choice. Doing makeup is fun and if you enjoy it, then embrace it with open arms. Follow the tips listed in the blog and keep practicing to master the art of makeup. If you want, you can also hire a bridal makeup artist.
Do not get disheartened if you will not get the desired looks initially. It will take time and practice, but you will reach there eventually. You must have heard of a quote that says, “Practice makes a man perfect”. Similarly, you will need to practice applying makeup. Only then will you be able to create the look you want with makeup. There is a lot to explore in this world and mistakes are accepted. You just need to learn from those mistakes and never repeat them. Spend wisely on makeup products. Don’t go behind fancy looking cheap material products. Invest in a high-quality one and see the difference for yourself. And, one last important thing, do not forget to wipe out the makeup before sleeping. Clean your face properly and see to it that no makeup is left on your face. Otherwise, it will cause damage to your skin.
Makeup or no makeup – you are beautiful. So, if you are new to the makeup and want to read the few tips before getting started with it, then these beauty tips will surely come in handy. Give it a try and get the flawless look you want.
I am a writer and a freelance makeup artist. I firmly believe that makeup is nothing less than art. I mix my love for writing with a passion for makeup, I bring the best techniques, reviews, and my ever-growing knowledge on this form of art. I believe that makeup has the power to enhance features and it can turn flaws into strengths. Writing on makeup & fashion keeps me busy and gives me the opportunity to follow my passion.