Aloe Vera is one of the most searched and popular natural treatment for hair and skin. It contains various beneficial antioxidants and antibacterial properties which accelerates the healing process. Not only it is pocket friendly, but it is also very readily available. You must have often heard from elders at your home about the benefits of Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera is not new to the beauty and health world. It is easily accessible to all and is a great option if you tend to stick to natural products. Aloe Vera Contains Proteolytic enzymes which are great healers. This is the reason why they are commonly used to condition the hair and repair damaged skin. It has properties that rejuvenate our hair naturally and also prevents breakage. Not only it rejuvenates our scalp but also gives it nutrition which helps our hair is growing fast and getting thicker.
You must have heard of the famous phrase “No pain no gain” but surprisingly here it is the opposite. Unlike other hair masks, it is not at all messy, and part from that leaves a very cooling and soothing effect while the pack is on making the entire process even more fun and calming. In today’s alarming world, when we are surrounded by harsh chemicals, pollutants, and deal with stress constantly, it is pervasive to have damaged hair, excess hair fall and itchy scalp. When living under such bizarre conditions, it is crucial to keep our hair moist and hydrated as often as possible. Aloe Vera is the perfect option when looking for ingredients to keep our hair hydrated. Now this magical plants works so well because it has acemannan, a complex carbohydrate that helps and accelerates the process of nutrients reaching the cells
Real Aloe Vera V/S Aloe Vera Gel
We can use both, Real Aloe Vera and the Aloe Vera Gel for our hair.
Real Aloe Vera
- Aloe Vera is easily available, and as it is 100% natural, therefore there is no fear of added chemicals or any kind of irritation that it might cause,
- It won’t burn any hole in your pocket, and
- It mostly preferred by people sceptical about products available in the market even when they claim they are 100%b natural.
Aloe Vera Gel (available in the market)
- Aloe Vera in gel form is different from the real aloe vera. When the pulp that comes from the
- Aloe vera is blended to have a higher concentration of acemannan aloe vera gel is formed.
- Aloe vera gel is readily available and less messy. It is pocket friendly too and gives almost the same benefit as Aloe Vera extracted from the leaves.
Now, as we know how Aloe Vera is literally a knight in the shining armour for all those with various hair problems. Apart from using the natural Aloe Vera, you can also use some products available in the market.
The one that tops the list is – WOW Aloe Vera Multipurpose Beauty Gel for Skin and Hair. This product is Paraben-free. It maintains the integrity of the medicinal plant and does not strip it of its important properties by keeping it very natural. It can be used for both skin and hair. It is highly recommended if you have damaged and dry hair as it moisturizes and rejuvenates the inner scalp and improves the overall health of the hair. If you are inclined towards natural products, this is a good replacement for hair serums and other products that contain chemicals.
Benefits of Ultimate Aloe Vera for Healthy Hair and Scalp
- Strengthening – Aloe Vera is known for Promoting the growth of cells and further helping in getting lustrous hair. This happens because it has vitamins A, C, and E. No matter how conscious we are, it is impossible to avoid the sun. Sun exposure is surely one of the most common reasons for damaged hair, but the content in this medicinal plant deals very well with sun damage and also leaves a cooling effect during the application.
- Repair – Aloe Vera has high collagen content. It is known for repairing damaged scalp. This is mainly due to the high nature of collagen and aloe vera’s cooling properties. The application of aloe vera promotes blood circulation, which leads to increased blood flow to your scalp. As the red blood flow to the scalp increases immunity, the new cells form and the process of repair of damaged cells becomes more comfortable and even faster.
- Growth – The deep conditioning properties of Aloe Vera are extremely beneficial to promote hair growth. This property leads to a reduction in hair loss and also an increase in blood flow. Both of these things together are a great way to promote hair growth as dull, dry and damaged hair tend to break very easily, and without any blood flow, there won’t be any repair in order to promote hair growth hence Aloe Vera is a great option if you are looking for something to increase the length of your locks.
- Moisturizing Effect – Unlike many hair cleansing products, Aloe vera is very gentle on our hair. It does not easily strip our hair of its lustre or damages our hair strands while it is applied. Along with this, it has properties of healing which leads to hydrating the hair strand which leaves a moisturizing effect. The last thing that is left to know is how to apply Aloe Vera for the best results.
How to Use the Aloe Vera for Healthy Hair and Scalp
As this miracle plant is easily available, you can cut as many leaves you want and collect the translucent gel inside those leaves. If you want to apply the gel alone then directly apply it on your hair and let it sit for an hour otherwise for better results you can mix the gel with coconut water and use on you scalp for an hour. You are required to do this at least once a week but not more than thrice. Mixing Aloe Vera is an example, and you can use various other oils or honey etc. and you are good to go. Aloe Vera serves multiple purpose and is also beneficial on skin.
Megha Sriamb is an aspiring blogger and writes about different fashion n beauty trends in general. She hails from Aurangabad, Bihar, and currently lives in Gurgaon. She has a Bachelor’s degree in computer science. She is an ardent follower of Ayurveda and natural beauty products motivated her to write on it. She is positive, chirpy, and full of life.
She is an excellent singer and is passionate about fashion, travel, and singing.