In the past decade, there is a surge in the demand & popularity of argan oil. The reason behind its popularity is a long list of benefits as well as versatility. Because of the sudden demand & popularity of argan oil, you might think of it as just a beauty buzzword.
As a matter of fact, it is so much more than just an oil and has been around for many years. The world has started to recognize its importance and in various aspects of personal care because of the bountiful benefits of argan oil.
What is Argan oil?
Argan oil is an ancient oil. This oil is hailed from Morocco. It is obtained by extracting the juice from the kernel of the argan tree and fruits. It was used as a medicine. Argan oil contains a very dense nutritional value. It helps in preventing chronic illnesses, diabetes, heart disease, and even cancer germs.
Nowadays, people are getting more aware and coming to know about the positives of argan oil. Argan oil contains anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic properties, fatty acids, moisturizers, antioxidants, and so on.
Argan oil is often called Moroccan Oil. It only grows in Morocco and the trees are very rare. It makes this oil rare & expensive. Furthermore, it contains great valuable benefits. So, it is also called – ‘Liquid Gold’
Uses of Argan oil
Before jumping directly to use argan oil, it is great to know the possibilities, potential as well as uses of this oil.
- Hydration: While doing your makeup, you can prevent your face from getting cakey and a natural glow by adding a few drops of argan oil to your foundation or BB, CC cream.
- Nails: You can use argan oil to moisturize your nails and the cuticles. It will condition & moisturize your nails as well as cuticles.
- Moisturizer: You can replace your chemicalized body lotion with the natural argan oil and make your skin healthy.
- Toner: You can also tone your skin with the help of argan oil by adding a few drops in the rose water.
- Night repair: You can apply argan oil as a moisturizer before going to bed. It will boost the health and glow of your face.
- Hand cream: You can either use argan oil directly on your hands or add a few drops in your hand cream to provide intense hydration to your dry hands
- Hair treatment: Applying argan oil to your hair is a miracle remedy to get rid of frizzy, dry, and damaged hair.
- Hair serum: You can use Argan oil as a hair serum to tame the static hair or to nourish the dry ends of your hair.
- Exfoliator: You can exfoliate your skin by adding argan oil to the brown sugar. You can use argain oil to exfoliate your body, face, and feet.
- After-shave: You can soothe your skin by applying argan oil after shaving your legs. It can also heal razor cuts on your body.
- Lip Balm: You can add a few drops to your lip balm or you can directly apply argan oil as a lip balm to treat cracked & dry lips.
- Bathing: Add a few drops of argan oil into your bath water along with Epsom salts. You will enjoy a balanced and relaxing bath.
- Massage: You can replace other massage oils with argan oil to massage your body.
PS: If you are wondering why I haven’t mentioned ‘cooking’. The reason is that here we are talking about ‘cosmetic argan oil’ which is not meant for cooking. ‘Culinary argan oil’ is used for cooking purposes. Do not mix these two.
They both differ in their method of extraction. Both are for different proposes. Let me repeat – ‘Cosmetic Argan Oil’ is Just ‘Argan oil’. You can use it on your hair and body but not for cooking.
Benefits of Argan oil
- Treats Acne: It treats acne as argan oil helps in regulating the amount of sebum on the skin. Also, argan oil is non-greasy.
- Heals skin infections: Argan oil is rich in properties like antibacterial and antifungal. It is very effective in healing the infections of the skin.
- Anti-aging effects: Argan oil is a great natural remedy to reverse the effects of aging on your skin as it increases the elasticity of the skin.
- Reduce stretch marks: By using argan oil on the stretch marks twice a day, you will see a great improvement in fading of the appearance of stretch marks especially post-pregnancy.
- Protects against sun damage: Argan oil contains antioxidants. You can use argan oil products. Also, you can directly apply this oil. It protects your body and hair from sun damage.
- Hair growth: One of the main benefits of argan oil is that it promotes hair growth. It is full of healthy vitamins and minerals that increase the health of the scalp and give your hair a mirror-shine finish.
If you want to know about oils specifically for hair growth. Check out Try These Best Proven Hair Oils For Hair Growth And Say Goodbye To Hair Fall.
Once you experience the above-mentioned benefits of argan oil, you will never look back to dull and unhealthy skin care and hair care.
Best Argan oils for Hair & Skin
1. StBotanica Moroccan Argan Hair Oil: This oil is enriched with Romsey, Tea Tree, Coconut, Brahmi, Jojoba, Tulsi oils, Almond, Bhringraj Castor, Avocado, Olive, Moroccan Argan, Amla. These ingredients help in the healthy growth of hair.
2. Pura d’or Pure and Organic Argan Oil: This oil helps in balancing the nutrients & moisture of both hair and skin. It reduces imperfections on the skin and treats damaged hair.
3. Soulflower Coldpressed Argan Carrier Oil: You can use this oil as a skin moisturizer and a hair tonic for the damaged hair. Moreover, you can mix it with other oils easily.
4. StBotanica Organic Pure Argan Oil: This oil is 100% pure and organic as well as cold-pressed. This oil is rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin E. Therefore, it serves an all-round purpose for skin and hair effectively.
5. Anveya Pure Moroccan Argan Oil: This is a cold-pressed oil as well as certified organic argan oil. It controls the signs of aging effectively and is a great oil for skin & hair.
6. Majestic Athletic Moroccan Argan Oil: It is a triple extra virgin, 100% cold-pressed organic argan oil. It is very effective for both skin and hair treatments.
7. Hismane Pure Refined Argan Oil From Morocco: This 100% pure and natural organic argan oil is highly effective in treating skin and hair conditions by giving a healthy scalp and skin.
8. Luxura Sciences Argan Oil For Hair Growth: This is your best pick of argan oil in the daily protection from damage on hair. Loaded with Vitamin E & antioxidants, it furthermore heals the scalp and gives a thicker & healthier hair.
I was the president of the Fashionista Club at my college. That is when I discovered my love for writing on fashion and beauty, mainly to inspire others. Since then, I love to constantly lookout for fashion trends and beauty secrets. I am in love with the idea of going organic in terms of beauty. If I were a beauty product, I’d be Essential oil. Beauty is a healthy state of mind and the only beauty standard that I follow is anything that makes me happy and confident. I love to inculcate positive habits in me and have an optimistic attitude. I live by the idea of living life in harmony and to bloom with grace. I believe that the concept of Beauty & Style of anyone is something that is very personal and it starts with loving yourself. Afterall Bosswoman Vibes are the most sexy and you gotta believe in your inner Beyonce.