By tapping a little blush on your temples and cheeks will simply just wake up your face. If you are not a fan of powder blushes then it is very important for you to get a cream blush. Cream blushes give you a rosy finish along with a hydrating glow. Once you start using the cream blush, you will fall in love with its formula and its natural look.
Difference between Cream Blush and Powder Blush?
- TEXTURE: Creams blush has a creamy hydrating texture If you prefer a dewy blush look, then creamy blush is a way to go. You can apply creamy blush even with your fingers as it blends very easily on the skin.
Whereas powder blushes are like bronzer or translucent powders. Its color is more visible and is suitable in giving you an intense makeup look.
- SKIN TYPE: Cream Blush is more suitable for women with dry skin. This blush feels hydrating and is very easy to apply.
Powder blushes are suitable for oily and combination skin. It helps in giving you a matte finish by absorbing the excess oil
- PIGMENT: Powder blushes are more pigmented than cream blushes. If you did not use a light hand while applying powder brush then you might end up with clown cheeks and it is also not easy to undo.
With cream blushes, which are sheerer than powder blushes, you have more control over the intensity of the application of the blush. If you have applied more, you can easily fix it but only if it is not too late.
- STAY: Cream blushes have less staying power than powder blushes. Where powder blush can stay for almost the whole time you are wearing it but cream blushes stay for 6-7 hours on dry skin.
How to choose blush color shade?
Just as it is important to choose a foundation according to your skin tone to get a perfect natural look. Similarly, selecting a perfect shade of blush is equally important. The purpose of applying blush is to lift your cheeks with the natural flush. It is not made to make you look like a clown. However, intensity can be increased or reduced according to how much drama you want to add in your look. But it still requires the right shade for you to have a perfect makeup on your face.
- DARK SKIN TONE: If you have a dark skin tone than to get a natural look you can have color options like tangerine, berry, deep fuchsia, warm brown, and raisin.
Dark skin with pink or cool undertone: If you have pink undertone then the best choice would be light berry or Fuschia color shade. You can add a pop of tangerine on it as well.
Dark skin with golden or warm undertone: If you have warm or golden undertone, go for warm brown or tangerine for a natural look. Popping peachy pink or berry will also work great on your skin
- MEDIUM SKIN TONE: If you have a medium or a beautifully tanned skin tone, then you can choose shades like deep peach, rich pink or warm mauve.
Medium skin with pink or cool undertone: If you have pink or cool undertone, then for natural look go for mauve or rick pink. To add some pop use deep peach color.
Medium skin with golden or warm undertone: Here the roles are reversed, if you have golden undertone and want a natural blush then use deep peach and for popping up those cheeks, use mauve or rich pink.
- FAIR SKIN TONE: If you have a light-colored fair skin, then the best choice for selecting the color shades of blushes would be peach, light coral, or soft pink.
Fair skin with pink or cool undertone: If you have a pink undertone, then for the natural look soft pink is the best choice as color is likely to pop out naturally on some women with fair skin tone. But if you want to add more then use peach and coral color shades.
Fair skin with golden or warm undertone: If your undertone is warm, yellow or golden, then go for peach or coral color shades for the natural blush and add pink color to pop out the color of your cheeks
Best Cream Blushes
A good selection of blush color is crucial in adding the oomph factor to your look. We have rounded up 9 cream blush to make it easier for you to choose from. Take a peek.
1) e.l.f. Cosmetics Beautifully Rose Royalty Bare Blush: This Soft Rose colored blush is enriched with Vitamin E & Argan oil. It contains a cream-to-powder formula. This cream blush can also be added on the lips & eyes.
2) Ruby’s Organics Creme Blush & Lip Stain, Peach: This Peach cream blush is 100% Vegetarian and free from parabens and chemicals. It contains seed butters, oils and has healing ingredients. You will find the blending of this blush super easy.
3) PAC Studio Cream Blusher – 03: This cream blush blends effortlessly and is suitable for all skin types. It gives a natural rosy and healthy glow to your skin. It also covers the discoloration of cheeks.
4) Swiss Beauty Beauty Blush Stick (01): This dermatologically-tested cream blush stick gives you a rosy and dewy cheeks. It is long-lasting cream blush that adds to the radiance of your skin.
5) Faces Canada Ultime Pro Blend Finity Stick Blush Sweet Apricot 01(Peach): This peachy cream blush stick has a creamy, blendable texture and gives a natural matte finish. It adds the natural soft color to the cheeks along with a silky finish.
6) Lotus Make-Up Ecostay Illuminating Stick Rouge Blush: If you love metallic touch then this cream blush stick is made for you. Along with a beautiful color, it also adds a highlighter to the face while accentuating the beauty of the face.
7) Revlon Insta-Blush Stick, Berry Kiss: This cream blush stick gives a natural flushed look and has a cream-to-powder formula. It is super blendable and gives a soft kiss of color.
8) Chambor Orosa Matt Blush Stick: This coral blush stick is hydrating and gives a matte finish as your natural rosy cheeks. Its lightweight formula does not get creased and is long-lasting.
9) Maybelline Dream Touch Blush, Mauve: This mauve creamy blush contains a whipped formula that blends effortlessly on the skin without any patches. You can easily blend this blush with your fingertips as well.
I was the president of the Fashionista Club at my college. That is when I discovered my love for writing on fashion and beauty, mainly to inspire others. Since then, I love to constantly lookout for fashion trends and beauty secrets. I am in love with the idea of going organic in terms of beauty. If I were a beauty product, I’d be Essential oil. Beauty is a healthy state of mind and the only beauty standard that I follow is anything that makes me happy and confident. I love to inculcate positive habits in me and have an optimistic attitude. I live by the idea of living life in harmony and to bloom with grace. I believe that the concept of Beauty & Style of anyone is something that is very personal and it starts with loving yourself. Afterall Bosswoman Vibes are the most sexy and you gotta believe in your inner Beyonce.