As for makeup lovers, we all can agree on one thing that there is no denying the aesthetic appeal of the eye shadow palette. There are simply no rules on adding only a limited amount of color in your makeup. Makeup is also about expressing yourself creatively. You can add as much color as you want in your makeup and your life. There was a time when only a single pot of eyeshadow color was available in the market but now you can get different colors in a single palette.
If you’re anything like me who loves blending different colors and creating beautiful & different looks, then eyeshadow palettes are a total must-haves for you to keep. Whether you want to pull off a bright-dramatic look, a shimmery smokey eye or just a minimal neutral look, eyeshadow palettes allow you to create any kind of makeup look as you desire.
But finding a perfect eyeshadow palette can be a daunting task as we see so many beauty vloggers giving their opinions, experiences, and reactions to the palettes. You have to scroll through dozens of reviews to decide and get ‘the one’ eyeshadow palette for a particular requirement.
What is the eyeshadow used for?
Eyeshadow is a cosmetic product that enhances the eyes. You can apply it to the eyelids or also under the eyes to make them stand out. It makes your face look more attractive as it adds depth and dimension to the eyes. If you choose the right color, eyeshadow helps in complementing your eyes. As some consider the wide eyes more appealing, eyeshadow helps in making your eyes appear large.
You can apply eyeshadow in many different styles and from the last few years, the style applying eyeshadow has changed a lot. It is not something that is introduced newly, it days back from the ancient history of Greece. Eyeshadow was known as focus back then. Blue and Green shades were used by Greece women which were made from gemstones such as malachite and lapis lazuli.
How to Choose the Perfect Eyeshadow Palette?
First things first, there are no specific set of rules if you want to wear a particular eye shadow. Creativity has no rules and if you feel like you want to wear a certain shade, then don’t let anything stop you. Beauty is only defined by what makes you happy, confident, and also colorful. Having said that there is no harm in knowing what set of colors help in complimenting or enhance a specific complexion or eye color even more, which can also help you in a better understanding of the basics of the eyeshadow.
For Skin Tones enhancement:
- Dark Skin – Bright, metallics rose gold shades
- Dark Brown Skin – If you have a neutral undertone, every shade complements your skin tone.
- Olive Skin – Jeweled or teal shades
- Medium Skin – Gold, warm red, rust-like, cinnamon shades.
- Fair Skin – dull shades like washed-out copper or dull bronze.
For Eyes Colors enhancement:
- Green eyes – For a regular look, you can use brown; For a party or night look, you can use purple shades, silver, or a red combination.
- Blue eyes – You can use a smokey look with brown & bronze. The shimmer looks best on blue eyes. For soft shades, you can use coral & champagne.
- Gray eyes – smokey shades or misty blue
- Dark brown eyes – can accentuate eyes with violet, silver & chocolate
- Hazel eyes – dusty pink & metallics, green & brown shades work best for you.
- Brown eyes – You can use neutral shades like bronze gold or salmon. You can also freely use a variety of blue and green shades.
For Different Eye shapes:
- Round Eyes – Highlight the circular shape with a light color of eyeshadow. Apply light shades to the inner & outer corner along with medium to dark shades in the center. If you want to give an oval appearance then use a dark eyeshadow color or a dark eyeliner.
- Deep eyes: You can try any shade from your eyeshadow palette depending upon other factors such as eye color and skin complexion as explained above.
- Small eyes: Use a natural brown shade for your base to make your eye space look bigger and round and always try to pair with a white liner on the waterline.
- Hooded eyes: To make your lid area appear bigger, draw a crease just a little higher the natural line with a neutral or light color then smudge it out with a dark shade.
Best Eyeshadow Palettes
Regardless of the fact you are looking for an eyeshadow palette which has a specific set of colors or you’re a beginner who is trying to step into the makeup game, we have got you covered in every makeup situation.
This eyeshadow palette has 51 different shades. It contains high pigments and both matte as well as shimmery colors.
This eyeshadow palette has 12 amazing shades from nude to smokey look. It is suitable for a perfect evening and long-lasting makeup.
3) Maybelline New York Lemonade Craze Eye Shadow Palette, Multicolour
This eyeshadow palette contains rich pigments & very easy to carry. It contains soft, bright & dark shades to help you pull off every makeup look.
4) Nyx Professional Makeup In Your Element Shadow Palette, Metal
This eyeshadow palette has 12 dazzling metallic shades. These have high pigments, easily blendable, and has a velvety soft texture.
This eyeshadow palette is a perfect choice for an evening look. It has 12 colors that contain dazzling gold pigments.
This eyeshadow palette has 32 multi-colored highly pigmented shades. This product is cruelty-free and gluten-free.
This eyeshadow palette has 51 different shades in a pressed powder form. This palette is very compact and environment-friendly.
This eyeshadow palette contains 9 different shades of matte, shimmer as well as semi-matte. It is very lightweight & easy to blend and gives your eyes a sultry makeup look.
9) L’Oreal Paris La Palette, Gold
This eyeshadow palette has 10 beautiful shimmer shades with 24-carat gold. Multiple glamourous or stunning red carpet looks can be created with this palette.
If you love adding bright and different colors to your eye makeup, then this palette of LA Girl is a perfect choice. The colors have amazing pigments and can easily pull off an everyday makeup look to a bold dramatic look.
- 4 Gorgeous Colorful Eye Looks To Try Out This Summer
- Important Tips To Get Best & Simple Eyeshadow Looks
- Top 6 Reasons Explaining Why Eyeshadow Primers Are A Necessity
I was the president of the Fashionista Club at my college. That is when I discovered my love for writing on fashion and beauty, mainly to inspire others. Since then, I love to constantly lookout for fashion trends and beauty secrets. I am in love with the idea of going organic in terms of beauty. If I were a beauty product, I’d be Essential oil. Beauty is a healthy state of mind and the only beauty standard that I follow is anything that makes me happy and confident. I love to inculcate positive habits in me and have an optimistic attitude. I live by the idea of living life in harmony and to bloom with grace. I believe that the concept of Beauty & Style of anyone is something that is very personal and it starts with loving yourself. Afterall Bosswoman Vibes are the most sexy and you gotta believe in your inner Beyonce.