Makeup face powders are the unsung heroes of a flawless makeup look. You will easily get the insta-ready airbrushed look with a quick dab of face powder. Just think of it like you topcoat your nails to finish off your manicure.
Similarly, a few dabs of setting powder keeps your makeup in place and provides a fresh look all day long. It’s featherlight formula seal the deal for your makeup. Regardless of the fact that you have spent ten minutes or an hour to apply your makeup, it won’t let the harsh humidity ruin your efforts.
Difference between Finishing Powder and Setting Powder
FINISHING POWDER: Finishing powder is used to finish off the makeup look as a final step. It gives a nice face-tuned finish by minimizing fine lines & pores. A fluffy makeup brush is the best option to apply the finishing powder.
It mostly comes in a translucent powder that appears to look white in the jar. Tinted powders are also available in the market. You will need a very light amount of product to dust all over the face after your makeup. You can apply it on top of the setting powder as well.
Finishing powders might not be useful for everyday use as compared to setting powders. But it is a great secret weapon when you have to click lots of photographs. It has a super fine texture and also helps to even out the makeup on your face that went a little overboard.
These powders mostly come in loose form or also in a compact form. They have different formulas according to different skin types. For the dry skin, it is best to use the finishing powder which contains luminous powder formula to maintain the natural glow of the face. But if you have oily skin, you should go for a mattifying finishing powder to control the oil and shine on your face. Finish it off with a setting spray and you are all ready to rock.
SETTING POWDERS: Setting powders are a little heavier than the finishing powders. They also are used to set the makeup and are applied to the top of your foundation. It is used to keep the makeup in a place and combat oiliness on the face. This is the powder with which you bake after applying concealer under your eyes.
The main purpose of a setting powder is to set your makeup from creasing and slipping away. When you apply liquid foundation, concealer, or anything oily or wet, it is important to set that product into your skin with the help of setting powder so that the makeup does not transfer anywhere like hands, phone, etc.
Related articles: Best Face Concealers Which Works Like Magic On Your Skin
Best Settings & Finishing Face Powders
We have rounded up 10 best face powders to serve your makeup the fine finish and makes you look flawless all day long.
1) LA Girl Pro Setting HD Powder (Face Powder): This LA Girl Pro Setting Face Powder is a translucent powder that helps in smoothing the fine lines and blemishes. It is enriched with silica mineral benefits which are a natural ingredient to increase collagen. It is one of the best face powders. You will enjoy the anti-aging benefits as it makes your skin feel tighter because of silica.
2) L’Oreal Paris Makeup Infallible Pro-Sweep & Lock Loose Matte Setting Face Powder: This setting face powder by L’Oreal is a translucent loose powder that sets your makeup with blurring the pores and fine lines. It provides a soft matte finish and controls the extra skin for the whole day.
3) Lakme 9 to 5 Naturale Finishing Powder: This finishing powder by Lakme 9 to 5 range contains green tea and aloe vera extracts. It provides a matte and translucent finish. Furthermore, it has a lightweight formula that prevents the skin from harmful pollution. It is a natural face finishing powder that gives a perfect oil-free look.
4) SUGAR Cosmetics All Set To Go Translucent Powder: This face powder is paraben-free and cruelty-free. It is also free from harmful chemicals. This translucent powder blurs the flaws on your face and also improves the complexion. It has a stay for 8+ hours and makes you look flawless.
5) Colorbar Sheer Touch Mattifying Loose Powder: This face powder of Colorbar effectively mattifies your skin to prevent it from getting extra oily but at the same time, it does not makes the skin feel super dry or thirsty. It has a lightweight formula and helps in enhancing the natural tone of the skin.
6) LA GirlHD Pro Setting Powder (Face Powder), Banana Yellow: This Banana Yellow setting face powder by LA Girl contains 100% mineral silica. It mattifies the texture of the skin while giving a radiant complexion. The best thing about this setting powder is that it not only gives a natural finish to your face but also makes it look flawless.
7) Swiss Beauty Primer Mattifying Setting Powder, Face Makeup, Shade-01: This Swiss Beauty setting face powder has a lightweight formula that gives a silky as well as smooth texture to the skin. It blurs out the imperfections or pores on your skin. It gives you a studio ready perfection as well as a non-greasy look.
8) Nyx Professional Makeup Studio Finishing Powder, Translucent Finish: This finishing powder by NYX claims to be “a miracle in a jar”. It contains the mineral silica which 100% pure. It is suitable for all skin tones. Moreover, you will be needing a very little amount of product for a long-lasting flawless finish to your makeup look.
9) Maybelline New York Master Face Studio Setting Powder: This setting powder by Maybelline New York is an effective setting powder that not only mattifies the oily skin but also gives a flawless finish. This translucent powder gives a studio ready natural finish. In addition, you can use it with or without makeup.
10) Pudaier Compact Powder, Loose Powder, Face Oil Control Skin Brighten Loose Finishing Powder: This face powder has a superior oil-controlling formula. It has a unique mushroom-head design for the puff that helps in controlling the amount of the powder that you want to dab on your face. Furthermore, this powder blurs out the imperfections by filling your pores and fine lines and gives you a flawless airbrushed finish.
I was the president of the Fashionista Club at my college. That is when I discovered my love for writing on fashion and beauty, mainly to inspire others. Since then, I love to constantly lookout for fashion trends and beauty secrets. I am in love with the idea of going organic in terms of beauty. If I were a beauty product, I’d be Essential oil. Beauty is a healthy state of mind and the only beauty standard that I follow is anything that makes me happy and confident. I love to inculcate positive habits in me and have an optimistic attitude. I live by the idea of living life in harmony and to bloom with grace. I believe that the concept of Beauty & Style of anyone is something that is very personal and it starts with loving yourself. Afterall Bosswoman Vibes are the most sexy and you gotta believe in your inner Beyonce.