Despite its popularity hyaluronic acid is one of the most misunderstood ingredients in the skincare. Hyaluronic acid sounds like something that you don’t want to keep near your face. Moreover, It is somewhat difficult to say and harder to spell. You might have noticed that this skincare ingredient – hyaluronic acid face serum is gaining popularity and is commonly found in many skin care products such as your serums, moisturizers, and sheet masks.
When it comes to getting hydrated, plumpy, and dewy skin, the hyaluronic acid provides benefits like no one else. As a matter of fact, this substance is naturally produced in our body and with age, the level of hyaluronic acid of your skin reduces. So if you want to maintain the moisture level and plumpness, it is better to incorporate hyaluronic acid products in your daily skincare routine.
This gem has the potential to turn back the clock and likewise reverse the signs of aging. If you’re looking for a serious boost in the moisture level of your skin then hyaluronic acid is the best choice and its incredible ability to hold up to 1000x its weight in water.
What is Hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a natural component that is found in the skin. It is a glycosaminoglycan, which is basically a protein and is naturally found in the skin. In your body, it is found in your joints, connective tissues as well as your eyes. In simple terms, it is the most powerful hydrator because it has this ability to hold and attract water into the skin and also in the rest of the body wherever it is found. It is responsible for lubricating the joints and also helps in repairing the body after injury or any damage.
Whenever we hear of the word acid it is the last thing that we want to put on our face. But don’t get confused with the name, hyaluronic acid is the opposite of what you might think. It is a powerful hydrating component, that will give life to your skin.
This acid is a substance that occurs naturally and is produced by fibroblast, they are the same cells that are responsible to make collagen in the dermis – that is the second layer of skin. It is a key molecule because it absorbs up to 1000 times its weight in water that means you can think of it like a sponge in your skin that helps in holding the moisture so that your face skin looks soft, plumpy and dewy.
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
1) HYDRATION: As mentioned above, the ability of hyaluronic acid to hold the water is like big drink water for your skin that also retains the moisture. It penetrates the skin, binds hydration to the skin cell, and thus helps in regenerating the texture of your skin. It can also help in attracting the water from the air into the skin.
2) ANTI-AGING: Hyaluronic acid reverse the signs of aging with age as it is a natural component that helps in lubricating the parts of your body and also maintaining the moisture level in your skin. But with age, the elastin starts to decrease and results in the breakdown in the skin. Hyaluronic acid helps in the tightness of the skin. It fills the skin with moisture which helps in making your skin firm as well as more youthful. Also, it helps in reducing the visibility or appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It effectively fights anti-aging thus giving you a tight, plumpy skin.
3) LIPID BARRIER: The prime purpose of skin is to protect our internal organs, muscles, and bones from the external factors and harmful toxins, that we are exposed to daily. The top layer of skin – epidermis is the most exposed to the toxins and with age, the lipid barrier tends to slow down in the epidermis. It ultimately results in wrinkles and dark spots in the skin. So, hyaluronic acid protects the natural barrier that helps in retaining the moisture and slows down the deterioration of the lipid barrier.
3) PROTECTS THE SKIN: Hyaluronic acid is also enriched with antioxidant properties that help to protect our skin and creates a barrier against the free radicals. It helps in preventing the skin from external harmful factors, pollution, and other aggressors.
4) HEALS THE SKIN: Hyaluronic acid has antibacterial properties that help in preventing any infection. Furthermore, it is suitable for all skin types. Also, it is a very crucial component that aids in the healing of the skin. If there is any problematic area, wound, or scar on your face or anywhere in the body. Hyaluronic acid helps in healing the skin faster and regulates the inflammation level.
Can you use hyaluronic acid face serum every day?
It is good to use hyaluronic acid face serum daily but if it is a new addition in your skincare routine then start slow and apply once per day. depending upon how your skin is taking it or benefiting from it you can apply it once in the morning and the evening. if it is applied as serums then they mostly contain other components as well such as Vitamin C, vitamin E, or maybe retinol, then applying it daily can provide many benefits to your skin but avoid using it way too much. Make sure to consult your dermatologist and always do a patch test before using it.
Best Hyaluronic Acid Face Serums
Below are the 10 best Hyaluronic acid face serum available online.
5. Khadi Global Vitamin C Serum with Vitamin E, Vegan Hyaluronic Acid
I was the president of the Fashionista Club at my college. That is when I discovered my love for writing on fashion and beauty, mainly to inspire others. Since then, I love to constantly lookout for fashion trends and beauty secrets. I am in love with the idea of going organic in terms of beauty. If I were a beauty product, I’d be Essential oil. Beauty is a healthy state of mind and the only beauty standard that I follow is anything that makes me happy and confident. I love to inculcate positive habits in me and have an optimistic attitude. I live by the idea of living life in harmony and to bloom with grace. I believe that the concept of Beauty & Style of anyone is something that is very personal and it starts with loving yourself. Afterall Bosswoman Vibes are the most sexy and you gotta believe in your inner Beyonce.