A very common word often used by people about keeping the cleanliness around is Hygiene. However, most of them are not aware of what exactly Hygiene is? Why it is important to maintain the best intimate hygiene? Also, how can we become hygienic?
Hygiene is a science of health and its maintenance with leading a lifestyle. It allows us to be healthy and prevent contact with disease-causing microorganisms. Hygiene should be maintained multi-dimensionally. For instance, on a personal level (oral, intimate, body, etc.) up to vicinity level (floors, loo, cloths, vehicles, etc.).
Moreover, hygiene has always been an invaluable trait or compulsion in almost every tradition or religion. However, there are some minor to major differences in general. In the present case scenario, where the whole world is fighting with a pandemic. The word hygiene is being used and understood vastly.
Of all people, women need hygiene more because of the fact that they deal with multiple issues. Some of them are menstrual discharge, post intercourse discharge, urinary incontinence, etc. Earlier women were struggling due to these problems. Because of the fact that there was not so much emphasis laid on intimate hygiene from society.
Sanitary napkin is still a new thing for women in many parts of the world. As a matter of fact, many lives have been lost but things have changed a lot in recent times. Nowadays, our market has grown and become bold enough to introduce products like Pantyliners, Intimate wash, and Intimate wipes.
Pee Safe is one of the brands which is playing an important role in safeguarding the health & hygiene of today’s women. Let’s discuss some of their products below:
1. Pee Safe Panty Liners: The body of a woman goes through various changes as her age progresses. Panty liners can prove to be a very crucial item for a teenager or for women post-pregnancy. Pantyliners are very thin. You can use it on the last days of menstruation i.e. when the flow is less.
It is used for normal vaginal discharge also. Women must use it because vaginal discharge can cause infection which could lead to a serious disease as well. Sometimes, we are so lazy to clean the vagina after intercourse. The post intercourse discharge can cause infection, if not cleaned properly. Moreover, there are many of us who thank the brains who invented the idea of panty liners. There are a few points to follow in order to take better advantage of Pantyliners:
• Scented panty liners are not recommended because of harmful chemicals. are being used in it. One can go for organic products like Pee Safe panty liners. It contains Aloe vera extracts which are soothing and refreshing for the sensitive skin.
• Pantyliners can be used regularly except the heavy menstrual flow. Make sure to not use it for more than 4 hours. Extended uses of panty liners can lead to multiple complications.
• Intimate parts also need air like any other part of our bodies. So we must keep those areas ventilated at least at night.
• Women post-pregnancy have a sudden urge of urinary discharge which is literally unstoppable. The reason is that the urethra which has just gone through a lot of stress during the pregnancy period. It becomes numb and stalling the urge of urination is very tough. There come the panty liners to save the day.
2. Pee Safe Intimate wash: Similar to panty liners, an intimate wash is one of the hygienic products. The good thing about intimate wash is that there is no surplus time needs to expand over. Also, you can use it during a regular bath.
If proper hygiene is not maintained in the intimate and sensitive part of our bodies, then it can lead to itching, rashes, bad odor, etc. There are many intimate washes in the market that contains alcohol. They give a feeling of sanitization from bacteria’s but one should always prefer ayurvedic products.
This product has 4 naturally occurring ingredients like wondrous witch hazel extracts, Palasa, Ficusglomerata, and Antibacterial tea tree essential oil. This combination kills all the unhealthy microbes present near our vagina by leaving the healthy microbes at its place. This product helps maintain the PH value in the concerned area i.e. 3.5 – 4.5. However, we should always be very careful while washing the vaginal area. Always keep in mind to never let anything go inside the vagina. It can disrupt the pH balance or the microbial combination internally.
3. Pee Safe Intimate wipes: In our busy life we sparsely get any time to freshen up every now and then except the bathing time. Here come Pee Safe natural intimate wipes to the rescue. This product offers soft wipes made from viscous which goes soft on the sensitive areas. A single wipe from front to bottom can leave the user fresh and sanitize. The soft wipes are alcohol-free, hypoallergenic, paraben, and SLS-free. These intimate wipes help in maintaining a skin-friendly pH value i.e. 3.5 – 4.5 with the help of ingredients like tea tree essential oil and lactic acid.
You can use this product after intercourse, urination, changing underwear, etc. The viscous makes them extremely soft and comfortable to use. There are some habits we should incur in our daily lifestyle while using these products. Some of them are washing hands properly before and after using the wipes. Also, we must dispose of the used wipes in dustbins.
Women should take care of themselves. There are a lot of complications if we neglect intimate hygiene. There is also a very massive need for spreading awareness in the not so affluent class of our society. Organic brands like Pee Safe must reach each and every part of this world. So that they can create awareness about women’s hygiene.
Tips to Maintain Intimate Hygiene
Some of the major points/tips which can be useful in maintaining intimate hygiene are:
1) Maintain healthy hygiene, keep changing perishable items like panty liners or wipes after a single-use.
2) Do not forget to wash your hands before and after using these products.
3) Keep the intimate areas ventilated while sleeping as that skin also needs oxygen to repair.
4) Do not use alcohol or chemical-based products. Scented products are always a no.
5) Always try to use products made out of natural ingredients. There is nothing better on this planet than the gifts from mother nature itself.
Related article: 7 Best Home Remedies to make Stretch Marks fade away
Megha Sriamb is an aspiring blogger and writes about different fashion n beauty trends in general. She hails from Aurangabad, Bihar, and currently lives in Gurgaon. She has a Bachelor’s degree in computer science. She is an ardent follower of Ayurveda and natural beauty products motivated her to write on it. She is positive, chirpy, and full of life.
She is an excellent singer and is passionate about fashion, travel, and singing.