Jade rollers or facial rollers have recently gained popularity all over the world. This technique or method is basically from China. In simpler terms, a jade roller is a handheld massaging tool for the face. It’s not just a rolling fancy stone that has gained popularity for beauty bloggers only. It is more than just a trend and a good investment in your beauty regimen.
What are jade rollers?
Jade rollers are the facial roller which is a handheld face massaging tool. Jade rollers come into sizes one comes with only one-sided roller with very wide stone. The other one comes with a two-sided roller with one wide stone and another with the smallest stone. Large stone can be used around cheek & jaws. Smaller stone can be used under the eye area etc.
Benefits of jade rollers
This fancy-looking rolling tool might seem just a normal thing but it provides several benefits to the face.
- Great for lymphatic drainage: If you have more sugar intake, poor circulation of blood, or some common swelling, then it starts showing on your face first especially the under the eyes. By doing facial massage with a face roller can maintain the natural flow between lymphatic fluid and the cardiovascular system. Start rolling it in short strokes from your neck to the forehead.
- De-puffs and Minimize the appearance of dark circles: We all sure have many reasons that create dark circles under our eyes. It may be work stress or general stress, poor diet, or lack of sleep. Sometimes our genes are also playing a role in it. These things also cause puffiness under the eyes. A massage for a few minutes under eyes with jade rollers is very beneficial in minimizing the appearance of dark circles and puffiness as it helps in closing the superficial blood vessels.
- Smooths the skin: FYI – Our Face has 42 different muscles. And we tend to pull a lot of tensed facial muscles by repeating expressions – raising the brows, furrowing, squinting, etc. Across the surface of the skin, deep lines are formed which can result in fast aging of the skin. With the help of jade rollers, we can relax and relieve our face muscles from stress, lines & strains. If we massage regularly, then it will result in youthful & smoother skin in the long run.
- Best use of other skincare products: We use many skincare regimens to keep our face healthy and glowy such as sheet masks, serums, oils, or creams. However, if they absorb fully in the skin then they will provide more benefits to the face. Although face rollers can also be used before applying your skincare products you can also use it after applying the products because it helps in the absorption of serum, oil, or creams whatever you are using deep into the skin.
- De-stress the face muscles and soothes the skin: Let us give you a Pro tip – Put the roller in the fridge for a few minutes before using it on the face. Sometimes, your bare fingers cannot do the wonder that these rollers do. As it glides on the face, it helps in improving the blood circulation and removes any tension from the facial muscles.
- Anti-aging: Massaging your face with jade rollers provides many anti-aging benefits to the skin. It helps in the elasticity of the skin to be preserved. Furthermore, it reduces the visible signs of aging and provides youthful skin. It also minimizes the fine lines and improves the quality of the skin.
- Improves blood circulation & makes skin glowy: Massaging your face with jade roller increases & improves the blood circulation in the skin. Because of increased blood circulation, oxygen flow is also increased. So it helps in giving a natural glow to your skin along with a brilliant luminosity.
Where jade rollers can be used?
You can use jade rollers on:
How to use jade rollers?
When you are massaging your face with jade rollers. Do not just roll the tool back and forth. Rather roll it in a specific way and in the specific directions to make it work for your benefit of the skin. Below are the steps that will help you understand how should massage your face.
- You can start with the neck as it helps in opening up the channels of circulation. You can simply start rolling by placing it on the back and at the top of the neck, start rolling downwards along with the sides.
- After that, you can move to the front side of the face and start rolling from the jawline and keep rolling down to the collarbone.
- When massaging the cheeks, then start with placing the roller in the middle of your face and start rolling by pushing it outwards towards the sides of the face.
- When massaging the forehead, then start with placing the roller on the hairline of one side and start rolling from your hairline. Keep rolling down to the eyebrow.
- Now, move the roller between your eyebrows and start horizontal rolling towards your temple on the face.
- Repeat the same on the other side of the brow.
- When massaging the eyes, then take one side of the eye and place the roller in the outer corner of the eye. Start rolling from the outer corner to the inner corner of the eyes in a horizontal movement.
- Be gentle while massaging the sensitive eye area.
- Repeat the same as the other eye.
What are the Best Jade roller
We have shortlisted some of the best jade rollers in the market to ease out the work for you:
I was the president of the Fashionista Club at my college. That is when I discovered my love for writing on fashion and beauty, mainly to inspire others. Since then, I love to constantly lookout for fashion trends and beauty secrets. I am in love with the idea of going organic in terms of beauty. If I were a beauty product, I’d be Essential oil. Beauty is a healthy state of mind and the only beauty standard that I follow is anything that makes me happy and confident. I love to inculcate positive habits in me and have an optimistic attitude. I live by the idea of living life in harmony and to bloom with grace. I believe that the concept of Beauty & Style of anyone is something that is very personal and it starts with loving yourself. Afterall Bosswoman Vibes are the most sexy and you gotta believe in your inner Beyonce.