Tired of your eyebrows looking sparse when you head to the office or dull when you party after work? Then you need to level up your eyebrow game by using a powder to add definition to them, and ensure they complement your hair color. But finding the right powder for your brows can be difficult, and you can quickly get overwhelmed by the deluge of brow powders, as sophisticated offerings continually arrive in the market. So keep reading as we have the information you need to navigate the flood of eyebrow powders and get the best option.
We also have tips you can use to find eyebrow powders that are ideal for your hair color, because every eyebrow enthusiast knows one color does not suit all. Making use of our tips that are formulated by experts you can also apply brow powder correctly, and use it to fill and define your eyebrows to perfection. So prepare to say goodbye to sparse and dull eyebrows forever!
Finding The Right Brow Powder Shades
Here is how you should go about finding the right color of eyebrow powder, because if you choose the wrong one it can make your brows look unnatural. We recommend choosing a brow powder based on your skin tone or hair color.
How To Choose Eyebrow Powders Based On Skin Tone
- If you have dark-hued skin an eyebrow powders dark brown is ideal. Alternatively, you can use a powder that is two shades lighter when compared to your skin tone.
- An eyebrow powder medium brown is ideal if you have olive-toned skin.
- Using an eyebrow powder dark blonde or an eyebrow powder putty with has an ashy tone is ideal for those with skin that has pink tones. An eyebrow powder light brown also suits this skin tone.
How To Choose Eyebrow Powders Based On Hair Color
- For Black Hair: Ensure that you use eyebrow powder dark brown or an eyebrow powder soft black. So that your brows do not look unnatural and too dark.
- For Red Hair: People who have red hair should choose an eyebrow powder blonde or a darker shade of blonde. As this will give their brows a golden tint.
- For Brown Hair: Ideally, those who have completely brown hair or red highlights intermixed. They should opt for an eyebrow powder auburn which can be blended with browns. The best eyebrow powder for brunettes is about 1-2 shades lighter than their hair color.
- For Blonde Hair: The best eyebrow powder for blondes is often a darker shade compared to their hair. So, they should use an eyebrow powder putty that has an ashy tone.
- For Gray Hair: The best color for people who have gray hair is often similar to eyebrow powder soft charcoal, while an eyebrow powder moonstone gives a striking metallic finish.
Get A Good Eyebrow Powder Kit
After you choose the eyebrow powders you need to get a brow powder kit for applying it. A good kit consists of a spoolie, a slant tip tweezer, and an angled tip eyebrow powder brush. In most kits, a spoolie is present on one end of a long stem and an angled tip brush on the other end.
How To Use Eyebrow Powders
1) Get Your Eyebrows Into Shape
Your eyebrows need to be in shape before you start brushing powder through them. So start by using a precision eyebrow scissors to trim long hair, after which you should use tweezers to remove stray hairs.
2) Run A Spoolie Through Your Brows
As your brush your eyebrows with a spoolie ensure that you use short strokes that flow upwards and stray hairs are removed.
3) Apply An Eyebrow Primer
Using an eyebrow primer pencil add wax to your eyebrows. Applying a layer of wax is important, as it allows the powder to adhere to your eyebrow hair and skin beneath it. The wax also supplies a waterproof finish.
4) Measure Where You Eyebrows Start And Finish
If you don’t know where your eyebrow should start and finish, then you need to use the stem of a spoolie brush to find these areas along with the arch. Once the start, the high point of the arch, and tail are marked you can proceed to the next step and apply powder.
5) Apply One Or Two Shades Of Powder
- Dip a brush with an angled tip in the powder and using the thin edge draw a soft line at the bottom of each eyebrow. Then using a bit more powder draw a heavier line at the top of each brow. These two lines will serve as guidelines and you can then start applying powder between them.
- Use the angled brush to apply the brow powder to your eyebrows and ensure sparse areas are filled. The thicker part of the brush should be used along the arch while the angled tip should be used along the start and tail.
- Applying two shades of eyebrow powder and blending them allows for your brows to get a unique color that you prefer. Blending two shades is also ideal when you have auburn, blonde or red highlights in your hair.
6) Brush Your Brows To Spread The Powder
As you are applying the powder you can use a spoolie to brush your brows and spread it. After you have finished brushing your brows with a spoolie, you can add more powder if required.
7) Apply A Brow Gel Finisher
If you want your eyebrow powder to remain in place all day without flaking, you should apply a coat of brow gel over it. A clear eyebrow gel acts as a finisher and keeps your eyebrows styled perfectly. The gel also adds volume and makes your brows appear fuller.
8) Use A Highlighter And Concealer
Using a 2-in-I brow definer that contains a highlighter and concealer gives your eyebrows a wow finish. The concealer helps cover up blemishes around the eye, while drawing a line with the highlighter under your brows will give you an instant eyelift and make you look younger.
The Benefits Of Using Eyebrow Powders
- A brow pencil allows you to draw individual hairs and fill up sparse areas on your eyebrows but it cannot provide full coverage like a powder.
- Using a brow pencil is time consuming when compared to an eyebrow powder which can be easily and swiftly applied.
- Using a brow powder you can provide your eyebrows with a soft finish and make them appear natural.
- With an eyebrow powder you can effortlessly create fuller appearing brows.
At Savarnas Mantra® we have an eyebrow powders collection that includes several trendy shades. We also have a range of clear and tinted brow gels and eyebrow shapers. Our brow and lash care products give you several options for filling and defining your eyebrows daily and helps keeps them stylish and beautiful. Dream brows are just a step away when you use eyebrow powders that we offer.
- Important Tips To Get Best & Simple Eyeshadow Looks
- Let Your Brows Do The Talking With 7 Best Eyebrow Pencils Of 2020
- Keep Your Eyebrows On Fleek With Our Best Tips On How To Apply Eyebrow Highlighters
I was the president of the Fashionista Club at my college. That is when I discovered my love for writing on fashion and beauty, mainly to inspire others. Since then, I love to constantly lookout for fashion trends and beauty secrets. I am in love with the idea of going organic in terms of beauty. If I were a beauty product, I’d be Essential oil. Beauty is a healthy state of mind and the only beauty standard that I follow is anything that makes me happy and confident. I love to inculcate positive habits in me and have an optimistic attitude. I live by the idea of living life in harmony and to bloom with grace. I believe that the concept of Beauty & Style of anyone is something that is very personal and it starts with loving yourself. Afterall Bosswoman Vibes are the most sexy and you gotta believe in your inner Beyonce.