Great art and creativity take time. Similarly getting ready and doing perfect flawless eye makeup also takes time. And it is the main reason that we don’t want our eye makeup to get worn off. That is why the eyeshadow base is essential and what could be the best solution? – Eyeshadow primers. Eyeshadow primer is the secret weapon for a perfectly blended long-lasting eye makeup. Also, with the help of eyeshadow primer, you can say goodbye to the struggle of blending two or more colors. Eyeshadow primers are the perfect solution for every eye makeup problem. Eyes are the main area where the skin is the thinnest and which can cause the maximum amount of creasing. Here the eye skin area is prone to fine lines and also gets oily very easily. Eyeshadow primers are here to rescue your perfectly blended eye makeup from fading and slipping away all over the place and especially removing the need for frequent touch-ups.
What is Eye Primer?
Eye primer is similar to the face primer that makes sure that your eye makeup or eyeliner stays on your eyes. It is applied to the eyelids for a smoother application of the eye makeup. It is somewhat similar to a double-sided tape that means it provides a grip or holds both your eye skin area and your eyeshadow.
If you directly apply eyeshadow, then you might not get the desired results as sometimes it becomes difficult to blend some colors or to pop them out. They are usually in a gel formula that instantly blends with your skin.
Although some women use face primers as an eye primer. But there is a difference between both of them. The key difference is their formula because face primers are mostly made of silicon that helps in filling out the pores or blurring the imperfections and pores. But eye primer has a different formula specifically designed for the eye area. It is a little heavier or you can say tackier than the face primers. It also has a gripping effect that holds your eye makeup and prevents it from creasing away.
Why do we need eye primers?
You might be wondering that is it worth investing in an eye primer. Well, if you have invested in eyeshadows then it is important to get an eye primer. The question arises – why? Below are some benefits or reasons why you need eyeshadow primers:
1) Smooth Application Of The Eye Makeup
Sometimes while applying eye makeup you might have struggled to get the even application of the eye makeup or sometimes it becomes very difficult to blend two or more colors. If you apply eye primer before makeup then it makes your eyelids very smooth and ready for the perfect application of the makeup. You can blend the colors smoothly on your eyes and can achieve the desired spread of your smokey look. It also helps in application different texture of colors on your eyes.
2) Eye Makeup Lasts Longer
It does not feel good when you have put so much effort and your energy into applying beautiful eye makeup and it fades away just after few hours of applying. This can happen because of greasy eyelids or when your eye area releases oils due to eye movements. Once you apply primer, it prevents eyeshadow from creasing or smudging away as it provides a slight grip for the eye makeup.
3) Even Out The Skin Tone
If you have uneven skin color on your eyelids then it becomes difficult for the eyeshadow color to pop out. But eyeshadow primer helps in making your skin tone even and reduce discoloration. So it is very helpful to maintain the eyeshadow color especially for women who have dark eyelids or any discoloration. Along with this, eyeshadow primers can also help in covering the visible veins of the body and brighten the eyes.
4) Pops Out The Color
You must have bought the eyeshadow palettes of great beautiful colors but when you apply it on the eyelids they are different and appears to be lighter than they seem in the palette. With the help of eyes primer, it is possible to make your eyeshadow colors to stand out as it helps in intensifying the pigment in the color.
5) Act As A Protective Barrier
Eye primers help in creating a protective barrier between your eyelids and eye makeup. When you apply the primer, a layer is created between the eyelids and the makeup. It prevents the makeup to get in contact with oily eyelids and hence keeping the eyes & the makeup vibrant.
6) Locks Eyeliner In A Place
Eye Primers are not just meant to use before using eyeshadows. They can be used before applying any eye product such as eyeliner. You can use a primer before applying eyeliner and easily create your perfect cat-eye flick without the risk of smudging. It also helps in the smooth application of eyeliner just like the eyeshadow.
Best Eye Primers:
1) Wet n Wild Photo Focus Eyeshadow Primer, Only A Matter of Prime: This eye primer keeps the eye makeup in one place and also helps in prepping & brightening the eyelids.
2) Nyx Professional Makeup Proof It Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer: This NYX eye primer is a waterproof product. It effectively prevents creasing and smudging even in harsh weather.
3) Revlon PhotoReady Eye Primer plus Brightener, Eye Brightening Primer: This primer has a lightweight gel formula that contains photochromatic pigments. This eye product is cruelty-free and fragrance-free.
4) COVERGIRL Lid Lock Up Eye shadow Primer: This eye primer dries quickly and helps in intensifying the stay and color of the eye makeup.
5) Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: This eye primer is created with polymer technology. It fills the imperfections and makes the eyelids crease-free and oil-free.
6) Absolute New York Eye Shadow Primer: This eye primer has a creamy formula that easily melts on the eyelids and boosts the vibrancy of the eye area. This lightweight primer is hydrating but at the same time oil-free.
7) Milani Eyeshadow Primer: This eye primer help creating in a perfectly smooth canvas for your eye makeup. You can apply eyeshadow looks like a pro with the best lightweight formula for this eye primer.
- Important Tips To Get Best & Simple Eyeshadow Looks
- 4 Gorgeous Colorful Eye Looks To Try Out This Summer
I was the president of the Fashionista Club at my college. That is when I discovered my love for writing on fashion and beauty, mainly to inspire others. Since then, I love to constantly lookout for fashion trends and beauty secrets. I am in love with the idea of going organic in terms of beauty. If I were a beauty product, I’d be Essential oil. Beauty is a healthy state of mind and the only beauty standard that I follow is anything that makes me happy and confident. I love to inculcate positive habits in me and have an optimistic attitude. I live by the idea of living life in harmony and to bloom with grace. I believe that the concept of Beauty & Style of anyone is something that is very personal and it starts with loving yourself. Afterall Bosswoman Vibes are the most sexy and you gotta believe in your inner Beyonce.