Green tea has been used for thousands of years because of its bountiful benefits. It is originated in China but widely used throughout Asia. The reason that the health benefits of green tea are more than the black tea is that green tea avoids the fermentation process and black tea is processed in by fermentation.
As a result, green tea has the maximum amount of beneficial nutrients, antioxidants, and polyphenol substances. It is a total medicinal beverage that helps to fight almost everything from cancer to acne. When the unfermented and unprocessed leaves are brewed, it creates an emerald green color. From this, green tea gets its name.
It comes from a plant called Camellia sinensis and is originated 5000 years ago. The dried leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant along with the leaf buds are used to produce many different types of tea. Green tea is prepared when these leaves are pan-fried and steamed and they are dried after that. There are other types of tea as well that are fermented or partially fermented such as black tea.
Below are the top reasons or benefits that explains why this wonder plant should be a part of your daily routine.
Benefits of Green Tea
Below are the top 8 reasons or benefits that explain why this wonder plant should be a part of your daily routine.
1) CONTAIN HEALTHY COMPONENTS: Green tea is much more than just a beverage. It is a plant that contains very healthy compounds. Moreover, it is rich in polyphenols that have many health benefits it has anti-inflammatory properties and antibacterial properties. Green tea also contains epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG). You can simply call it catechin. They are also a natural antioxidant that helps in preventing cell damage. Green tea helps in the reduction of free radicals in the body that can cause many types of diseases as well as premature aging. ECGC is one of the most powerful components of green tea that also contains many medicinal properties. It also has a small number of minerals and helps to cure many diseases.
2) HEART HEALTH: Green tea contains flavonoids that help in preventing oxidation of LDL which is bad cholesterol. It also helps in reducing the clotting of blood and provide health benefits to the heart. It also helps in lowering blood pressure, triglycerides, and LDL cholesterol as it prevents the oxidation of LDL. Furthermore, it prevents to trigger a domino effect which can lead to heart disease or any artery hardening. It also ensures a low risk for stroke.
3) ANTI-AGING: Green tea also provides many anti-aging benefits. There are polyphenols present in green tea that are are a wonderful ingredient for the skin. They also help in protecting against the harmful UV rays which adds to the dark spots, wrinkles, or fine lines. These harmful rays can also lead to skin cancer. The anti-inflammatory green tea helps to keep your skin clean, smooth, as well as glowing. If green tea is applied topically then it can also help in preventing any skin diseases or conditions. It is the main reason that green tea is one of the main ingredients in many skin care products. Green tea has the ability that helps in preventing the breaking down of the elastic fibers and collagen in the skin while keeping the skin firm, elastic, and plumpy.
4) IMPROVES BRAIN HEALTH: Although green tea does have caffeine content, it also contains an amino acid that is called L-theanine. This component is responsible to generate a calming effect. The combination of L-theanine and caffeine helps in optimizing the functioning of the brain. It also helps in enhancing the memory and elevates the mood. However, it also improves cognitive performance. It helps to prevent neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s because of its ability to counter oxidative stress.
5) PROTECTS AGAINST CANCER: According to research on cancer, the extracts in the green tea and polyphenols have shown some promising effects. The components in the green tea can inhibit the damage in the DNA in a number of cells induced by carcinogens. Some studies showed that effective cancer prevention by green tea also impacts prostrate breast, liver, and colorectal cancer. The more regularly the green tea is consumed, the more it helps in reducing your chance of having these cancers
6) WEIGHT LOSS: Although there is no firm and supporting evidence of green tea as a weight-loss supplement, the caffeine, and catechin of green tea helps in stimulating thermogenesis. That ultimately leads to an increase in the expenditure of energy. Green tea is a great friend if you are on your journey to weight loss. It might not be a cure-all but it makes a small impact. It increases your metabolism and helps in reducing some extra or abdominal fat.
7) PREVENT DIABETES: Having green tea results in favorable effects on controlling blood sugar as well as insulin sensitivity. It not only helps in reducing the blood sugar level but also the values for Hb A1C. It is a measure of average blood sugar over the previous three months’ consumption of green tea. Moreover, it is very helpful in preventing the risk of developing diabetes. It improves insulin sensitivity and lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes.
8) SUPPORTS BONE DENSITY: Green tea also helps in improving the strength of the bones. Green tea has polyphenol that helps in reducing inflammation and also influences the density of the bone mineral by preventing the damage caused by oxidation to the bone cells. It also helps in reducing the risk of fracture and strengthens bone quality.
Best time to drink green tea?
The best time to drink green tea is from 10 to 11 in the morning or another in the evening. Although green tea has various benefits, you should always avoid too much intake. More than three cups can in a day cause dehydration in your body so try to limit intake of green tea two to three cups in a day.
Can green tea be taken empty stomach?
If you drink green tea on an empty stomach especially in the morning then it can cause very bad effects on the liver. Green tea contains caffeine as well as a high concentration of catechin that can cause damage to your liver.
Best Green Tea Brands
To summarise it is clear that green tea is loaded with so many benefits, antioxidants, as well as powerful nutrients that can give many beneficial results to your health. However, when you are going to buy green tea, make sure that you do not buy a lower quality brand. For instance, one of the main reasons is that some low-quality brands can add an excessive amount of fluoride in green tea. So, always prefer a brand that is of high quality. In addition, we have listed a few good quality green tea brands to help you out.
- Organic India Classic Tulsi Green Tea
- Lipton Honey Lemon Green Tea
- Typhoo Pure Natural Green Tea
- Girnar Detox Green Tea
- Tetley Green Tea Bags Lemon & Honey
I was the president of the Fashionista Club at my college. That is when I discovered my love for writing on fashion and beauty, mainly to inspire others. Since then, I love to constantly lookout for fashion trends and beauty secrets. I am in love with the idea of going organic in terms of beauty. If I were a beauty product, I’d be Essential oil. Beauty is a healthy state of mind and the only beauty standard that I follow is anything that makes me happy and confident. I love to inculcate positive habits in me and have an optimistic attitude. I live by the idea of living life in harmony and to bloom with grace. I believe that the concept of Beauty & Style of anyone is something that is very personal and it starts with loving yourself. Afterall Bosswoman Vibes are the most sexy and you gotta believe in your inner Beyonce.