You Know! Eyes are the most precious gift we have given by god. I can’t argue on the fact that eyes are the window of our soul and it’s probably because how we really feel inside it reflects in our eyes.
But the question is do we really take care of this precious gift? Maybe we try our best to take care of our eyes as well as our bodies. But somewhere we lack the knowledge of taking proper care of our eyes.
What if I tell you there is one single thing that works wonders for your eyes from providing proper nourishment and amazing relaxation. And that amazing thing is castor oil. Maybe it sounds like old school to you but castor oil has proven to be a miraculous oil for skin, hair, and health for centuries.
Before I disclose the amazing benefits of castor oil for eyes, I think it would be great for you to know a little about the goodness of castor oil. So let’s walkthrough.
What is Castor Oil?
Castor oil is a thick, odorless, and multipurpose vegetable oil that is extracted from the Ricinus communis plant. It originated in Africa centuries ago. It has been used for various health treatments and potential beauty benefits all over the world.
Extraordinary benefits of castor have been a secret of the successful wide range of beauty and hair care products. As well as it’s highly used in medications and health products for having Vitamins and Omega 3 fatty acids.
Why Castor Oil is good for your Eyes
Castor oil is infused with rare Omega-6 and Omega-9 fatty acids, Vitamin- E, Protein, and other minerals. It rejuvenates skin cells and provides deep nourishment to the skin. And it also has astounding hair growth properties that make hair stronger and beautiful than ever.
The skin around the eyes is more delicate hence you need to give it extra care and nourishment to keep wrinkles and dryness away from it. You will be amazed to know castor oil will not only be effective for lightening dark circles but also gives profound relaxation to the skin. Castor oil increases blood circulation and oxygen flow that helps to provide deep nourishment and relaxation to the skin. So who would need to squander money on the bestselling eye shadow palettes when eyelids look gorgeous without it?
Now you know what castor oil is and how it’s good for your eyes. It’s time to take a deep dive into castor oil benefits for the eyes.
8 Marvelous Beauty Benefits of Castor Oil for Eyes
Castor oil is enriched with fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and has inflammatory properties. With these amazing properties, castor oil has potential benefits to offer. So let’s learn how to take care of your precious gift as it meant to be.
- Prevent Dark Circle: Dark circles can be a by-product of skin dehydration and lack of nourishment. You already know how delicate skin around our eyes really is. When it doesn’t get proper nourishment collagen our skin starts to break as a result skin becomes fragile and prone to damage
All your skin needs is to get proper moisturizer and nourishment in order to be healthy and bright. And castor oil is the best way to provide it.
- Aid to Eye Infections: Castor oil has got perfect ingredients to treat eyes infection. Pollution, dirt, dead skin cells, and touching eyes with dirty hands are the most famed cause to catch eye infection.
A tiny drop of castor oil is enough to treat eye infections. Castor oil’s antibacterial properties will kill infection-causing bacteria on the skin surface and anti-inflammatory properties soothe the infected skin. That’s how castor oil can help you to get rid of eye infections.
- Thick Beautiful Eyelashes: No doubt there are tools available to enhance beauty. Mascara and eyelash curler undoubtedly enhance eyelashes volume and make it look enticing. But don’t you want to beautify your eyelashes naturally.
If you do. Castor oil can make it happen for you. It will get into the roots of eyelashes and provide essential vitamins and minerals to it while deep conditioning your eyelashes. Soon you will get bewitching fuller eyelashes.
- A remedy to eye strain: Isn’t eye strain a common problem among us. For work and entertainment, we are completely dependent on our digital devices and as a result, our eyes interact with a huge amount of blue light. Which is responsible for strained and tired eyes.
Our eyes barely get enough rest during the day and even at night. Castor oil can be applied directly to the skin or used as an eye drop to get rid of eye strain.
Castor oil stimulates blood circulation that helps to reduce eyestrain. And if you want to use castor oil as a drop, either you consult a doctor or use eye drops that have the essence of castor oil.
- Minimize Appearance of Wrinkles: The secret of young and youthful skin is no longer hidden to you. Wrinkles are a sign of old age. Have you ever thought about why some people get wrinkles in their mid-20 and some have youthful wrinkle-free skin even in their late 30’s?
It’s because as we get older our skin around the eyes starts to become thinner and loses its elasticity and the journey of wrinkles just starts from right there.
The solution to this massive problem lies in castor oil. It contains fatty acids that help to retract skin elasticity and provide it hydration and moisturizer. And minimize the appearance of wrinkles so you can enjoy youthful skin.
- Provide proper nourishment to the eyes: Dark circles not just elude your face charm it does more bad than that. It makes you look sick and tired even if you are not. The key to looking beautiful is to look fresh. So why not give castor oil a chance to do wonders for your eyes.
Castor oil nurtures skin around the eyes with fatty acids, vitamin-E, and essential minerals that lighten up the skin and make it healthier. After using castor oil consecutively for some weeks you might have thought of ditching your favorite eye shadow kit.
- Cure for Cataracts: Cataract is an eye condition that leads to redness, itchiness, infection, and blurry vision. Maybe it sounds counterintuitive to you. But Castor oil has proven as a potential remedy by many doctors.
Castor oil is used for various purposes and the castor oil is meant to treat cataracts and is not regular castor oil. Castor oil has antibacterial and inflammatory properties that give relief to redness and itchiness. It increases blood circulation and provides maximum moisture that potentially treats dryness.
Although Castor oil can help you to cure cataracts before you use castor oil to treat cataracts all by yourself. It’s recommended to see a specialist who can do it effectively.
- Reduce swelling and puffiness: Swelling and puffiness can be caused by various reasons like allergies, bug bites, oversleep, fluid retention, or others. Whatever the cause of your swollen or puffy eyes. It can be treated with few drops of magical oil.
Castor oil refers to magical oil because it really does the magic to reduce swelling and puffiness of the eyes.
Massaging your eyes with tiny drops of castor oil will increase blood flow and reduce swelling and puffiness in no time.
It is great to learn about the amazing beauty benefits of castor oil for the eyes. Knowing the incredible benefits of castor oil is not going to beautify your eyes unless you put this in work. For your help, I have shared a step-by-step process to use castor oil to endear yourself to everyone you meet.
How to use castor oil for eyes to get maximum beauty benefits
Whether its castor oil or anything else can only offer you maximum benefits when it’s used properly. If you use castor oil in the wrong way it may not deliver its magical benefits as it does and you expect it to get.
Let me give you effectively instructive ways to use castor oil for maximum benefit
- Apply on skin – This is the best and safest way to use castor oil. Because it can provide great results without being worried and taking consultation from specialists.
Although the method is safest and effective, still you should test it before using it on your eyes. You can apply a little castor oil behind your ear if it causes redness don’t use it. And if it doesn’t you are allowed to get the beauty benefits of it.
Steps for an effective castor oil application on skin
- Firstly, clean your hands and wash your face with normal or water,
- Gently pat it dry.
- Put a drop of castor oil on your eyes.
- Massage for 2-3 minutes in a circular motion around the eye area.
- You can either go to sleep or can leave it for ½ hours.
- After that wash your face and apply a moisturizing lotion.
- Do this at least 2-3 times a week to get noticeable results.
2. Put Castor Oil Drops into the eyes supposedly, castor eye drops are proven to reduce allergic symptoms, tiredness, redness, and even cataracts. But it’s important to choose the right castor oil eye drop to get benefits. And because it’s the matter of our precious eyes, try not to take it for granted.
You can consult with your doctor and get them to prescribe the best castor oil eye drop for you. And follow this instruction for getting the best results.
Steps to use castor oil eye drop effectively
- Make sure to clean your hands and eye drop bottle before putting drops in your eyes.
- Either lay down or keep your head back.
- Put a drop into each eye.
- Keep your eyes close for several minutes without stress.
- Wrap this up by Washing eyes with cold water
Castor oil is enriched with incredible ingredients that deliver stunning beauty benefits to the eyes. Massage your eye area with magical drops of castor oil to prevent any eye infections, redness, allergies, and tiredness.
You can either use castor oil eye drops to put directly in the eyes or just massage on the skin surface. Both ways deliver massive results.
Megha Sriamb is an aspiring blogger and writes about different fashion n beauty trends in general. She hails from Aurangabad, Bihar, and currently lives in Gurgaon. She has a Bachelor’s degree in computer science. She is an ardent follower of Ayurveda and natural beauty products motivated her to write on it. She is positive, chirpy, and full of life.
She is an excellent singer and is passionate about fashion, travel, and singing.