Although foundation makeup is amazing, but sometimes we are not in a mood for it. Instead of having a full coverage, we might want to prefer a no-makeup makeup look with a product that adds a great touch up but without making it obvious. Then let me give you a great solution – BB Creams. In addition to it, they are a great multitasker too. It’s a must-have in your beauty sachet for a reason. Let’s find out why BB Cream is the queen when it comes to a low-maintenance makeup.
What is BB Cream?
The famous acronym BB in makeup stands for ‘blemish balm’ or ‘beauty balm’. BB cream lies between a moisturizer and a foundation. It gained popularity first in Korea. It helps in streamlining your beauty routine as it gives a sheer coverage than a foundation. The formula of BB cream is designed to provide multiple benefits to the skin.
As the foundation is designed to cover the imperfection on your face. BB creams do not provide coverage like foundation but it is a better version of a moisturizer that gives little tint. It gives a good touch-up to the face and offers other benefits such as to mattify, illuminate or hydrate the skin.
Difference between BB and CC cream?
The acronym CC cream stands for ‘complexion corrector’ or ‘color correcting’ cream. The difference between BB & CC creams is that CC creams also serve many purposes like BB cream but when it comes to the coverage to disguise redness, blemishes, dark spots or imperfections, they usually provide a little more.
Their formula also tends to be heavier & thicker. If you want a completely natural look that it doesn’t feel like you have put anything on your face, then BB cream is the answer. But if you want to go little on a heavier side but not too much like foundation, then you should go for CC creams.
To know more about CC Creams, You can check out this article Say Hello To The Flawless Skin With 7 Best CC Creams Of 2020
Can we apply BB cream under the foundation?
The answer to this question depends more upon your requirements for the occasion. Generally, BB cream’s main purpose is to give a lighter coverage when you don’t feel like overdoing your face. But if you want a heavier coverage or you want to even out the skin out, then you can use BB cream as a primer or a concealer. However, make sure you remove the makeup before going to bed, otherwise, the pores of your skin can be clogged and can cause skin troubles.
PS: If you want any help in makeup removers, then check out 15 Absolute Best Makeup Removers Of 2020
Can we use BB cream daily?
Yes, you can use BB cream daily and it is better to use BB cream daily instead of foundation because BB cream is lighter than a foundation and doesn’t clog your pores. However, do not sleep with BB cream on. You must cleanse your face and remove the BB cream before going to bed. Also, if you are traveling then BB cream is the best choice and also whenever you cannot carry a foundation with you.
What are the Best BB creams:
We have listed below 10 BB creams to help you categorize, compare and select the best BB cream that appeals to you the most.
1. Maybelline New York BB Cream: This BB cream contains SPF 21 along with PA+++. It not only gives a natural finish to your skin but also protects your skin from harmful UV rays. This BB cream also hydrates, mattifies and conceal your skin. It also helps in making your skin tone radiant & even.
2. Olay Day Cream Total Effects 7 in 1 BB Cream SPF 15: This BB cream has SPF 15. It reduces dryness on the skin as it provides hydrating along with a touch of foundation. This day cream can be applied on face and neck or under foundation as well.
3. LA Girl HD Pro BB Cream: This BB cream is a skin beautifier that is an all-in-one product. This powerful multitasker cream moisturizes, primes, and enhances skin tone. This product is highly suitable for sensitive skin as it is fragrance and paraben-free. It also contains C, E & B3.
4. Pond’s White Beauty BB+ Fairness Cream: This lightweight foundation gives you instant natural coverage and comes in two shades. 01 for skin tones of light to medium and another in 02 for skin tones of medium to deep medium. This BB cream also contains SPF 30 PA++ which protects the skin from sun rays.
5. Garnier Skin Naturals BB Cream: This BB cream is enriched with Brightening Minerals, Vitamin C & Almond Extracts. It has SPF 24 which also protects against sun rays. Also, it provides brightness along with good hydration to the skin. It helps in giving an even tone to the skin as well.
6. Revlon PhotoReady BB Skin Cream Perfector: This BB cream helps in providing 4 benefits to the skin. It conceals, hydrates & gives a smooth skin. It contains SPF 30 so it also helps in protecting the skin from the harmful sun rays that damage your skin.
7. Spinz BB Fairness Cream: This Beauty balm is suitable for all skin types. It helps in covering the blemishes and the dark spots. It gives your skin a brightening effect and given an even tone to your skin.
8. Colorbar Perfect Match Beauty Balm: This BB cream is enriched with aloe vera and apple extracts. It is paraben-free and contains SPF 20. It makes your skin radiant while giving nourishment & hydration to your skin.
9. Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream: This lightweight BB cream conceals imperfection on your skin by blending effortlessly. It lasts on your face all day long. It has SPF 42 PA and is suitable for all skin types.
10. L’Oréal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream: This BB Cream has an ultra-lightweight formula. It is enriched with Vitamin C & E. Moreover, it gives you a bare skin finish that is simply flawless. It Perfects, Corrects, Conceals, Primes, and Hydrates the skin.
I was the president of the Fashionista Club at my college. That is when I discovered my love for writing on fashion and beauty, mainly to inspire others. Since then, I love to constantly lookout for fashion trends and beauty secrets. I am in love with the idea of going organic in terms of beauty. If I were a beauty product, I’d be Essential oil. Beauty is a healthy state of mind and the only beauty standard that I follow is anything that makes me happy and confident. I love to inculcate positive habits in me and have an optimistic attitude. I live by the idea of living life in harmony and to bloom with grace. I believe that the concept of Beauty & Style of anyone is something that is very personal and it starts with loving yourself. Afterall Bosswoman Vibes are the most sexy and you gotta believe in your inner Beyonce.