Don’t we love to style our hair? Hair clay is one of the styling products. Clay is mostly used for short and medium hair. Hair clay makes your hair manageable and the look that you desire to get with that matte effect. You can say what gels are? Clay works a little differently than gel. With clay, you can rework your hair, unlike gel once it is set, you would not be able to change the style as it becomes stiff. Today I want to discuss a different kind of clay that can be used for hair and styling both. It’s just used in a different way than regular clay. Clay is recent in the market, but I think it’s going to last in the market.
How do we use regular clay?
• Make sure that your hairs are
• You can use a hairdryer to dry the hair, or just air dry it.
• Use a pea-sized amount of hair clay. Yes, that is enough if you have small to medium hair.
• Rub the clay between your palms to warm it. It would help to spread on the hair easily.
• Then apply it to your hair and start styling the desired look that you want.
If you follow the above steps, you can desire the look and style that you need. We are going to discuss Aztec healing clay. Yes, this clay is very versatile and can be used for the face and skin. It has a healing property. Also serves as a nourishing agent for all hair types. This clay not only cleanses the hair but detoxifies it as well. It removes all the impurities from the scalp and makes it healthy. It even calms your scalp down if you have eczema as a condition. Why is it best for hair? It is because it moisturizes and conditions the hair. You can even use it as a hair mask and then style your hair. It can even replace your shampoo.
How to use Aztec healing clay? Here are the steps:
• Need to prepare the clay for use. You would need Apple cider vinegar and a plastic bowl and spoon. This clay reacts with metal, so it’s safer to use plastic.
• Make a thick paste-like consistency to use as a hair mask.
• Ensure that the hair is damp before using this mask. To damp the hair use water in a spray bottle before using the prepared mask.
• Use a towel to remove the excess water.
• Once you have dampened the hair, use a comb and detangle it.
• Take a small part of the hair and mask to apply it from root to tip. Ensure every strand of hair is covered.
• Repeat the same for all parts of the hair. Ensure to cover the scalp and tip of the hair.
• Leave this clay on hair for 45 min to 1 hour.
• Cover your hair with a disposable cap or wrap cling around your hair.
• Then wash it with lukewarm or normal water.
Once you have done this, you will find your hair so soft and shiny. If you have naturally curly hair, it will give that bouncy look and makes your curl more manageable. Also, your curl will be more defined without using any more products. If you have a dandruff issue as well, then this would resolve. You can even add an essential oil like grape seed oil or tea tree oil.
Hair growth formula
Aztec healing clay also promotes hair growth. If your hair is damaged because of chemically treated hair, then you can use this mask to reverse the damage. If you have frizzy hair, then this clay would be useful for that as well. Overall this clay is very versatile and would resolve most of its problems. This clay is easily available. This clay has Bentonite, and it has been used for centuries. It is derived from ash aged over time. You can found these ashes usually in volcanoes. Thus it has healing properties in them hence the name Aztec Healing clay.
Even if you do not have apple cider vinegar at home can use hot water and add essential oils as per your requirement. This hair mask can be used twice a week to get better results. Can use this clay instead of shampoo thus can avoid more chemicals. However, You can use this clay as a cleanser and best thing about this it will not make your hair dry. Especially great for curly hair it makes it easy to manage. Even if you have textured, dry or rough hair using this clay would be very beneficial. Normally you would need so many products for different concerns, but this clay is one solution to all the problems.
Renu kalra is not only a beauty blogger, but also a Renowned Beauty & Make-up Artist trained by most famous names like Bharti Taneja (bhartitaneja.com) & Jawed Habib (jawedhabib.co.in) from India. Thanks to her artistic preparation she had the opportunity to collaborate with Lakme, Oriflame & Mac Cosmetics. She has won various Industry Awards. Her total Experience is 10+ Years & during this time period, she has worked with various photographers, models, fashion designers & brands. She is also active in the research and development of the organic herbal based natural DIY skin solutions.